function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ron929Ron929 

Lead assignment rules on manually created leads

I currently have only one web-to-lead campaign working right now.  I wanted to see how others managed leads that may be created by internal users. 

The situation is that we have a service organization and a sales organization and our service organization may create leads for the sales org.  When they create these, they currently don't follow assignment rules.  How are other people managing these, are they just using workflow rules?
J RoamJ Roam
We have them trigger the lead assignement rule directly from the Lead.

On the Lead page layout, there is a checkbox at the top of your screen called "Show Lead Assignment Checkbox".
The people with this layout will see at the bottom of the Lead Edit screen a checkbox called "Assign using active assignment rule".  If they check the box and hit save, Salesforce will run the lead assignment rules against this lead to find a new owner.

There is also another checkbox on the Lead page layout called "Select Lead Assignment checkbox by default" this will automatically check the box so will re-run the lead assignment rule every time you save the lead (unless you manually uncheck it).

Hope that helps,
-J
Ron929Ron929
That didn't quite work.  When I check that box, it provides me the error that 'there is no active assignment rule'. 

Does anyone know if this is because it did not meet the criteria of an active rule, because when I look at my assignment rule, it is active, so I figured it should have matched.

I've set up one rule to based on the campaign and a picklist value to go to a certain queue.  In testing this, it gave the error above.
J RoamJ Roam
So when you click on App Setup > Leads > Assignment Rule
One of the rules there has the [ ] Active option checked?
I believe that's where it's going to validate that at least one of your lead assignment rules is Active.

You can use Inactive rules - but you must have one Identifed as active for the lead assignments on leads
Ron929Ron929
Yes the [ ] Active option is checked.  There's only one assignment rule with several rules within it.
werewolfwerewolf
Try turning that Active checkbox off, saving it, turning it back on again, and saving it again.  I had a little wonkiness with that a few years back and tweaking that Active box fixed it.
Ron929Ron929
That's very lame that that works, but it did.  I wonder if you have to deactivate the rule everytime you add a step.
werewolfwerewolf
No, it's a one-shot deal.  I think it has to do with a remnant of some old data which is cleared when you set and unset the active box.
lopezclopezc
Hi,

Could we do the same for Cases?? I can't see the checkbox "Show Case Assignment Checkbox" in cases, is there a different one?

Thanks!
lopezclopezc
Hi,

sorry, I just saw the check box. I don't really understand what the first box means: Show Lead Assignment Checkbox

When a case is reopened, I would like to be able to reassigne the cases following the assignment rules.. Is it possible? If so, do  you have an idea how to do it?

Thanks!!