function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J RoamJ Roam 

How can I get a custom field to display on the Opportunity Product entry screen.

Hello,

I want to display a custom number field on the Opportunity Product selection screen.  We put in the Opportunity QTY on the Opportunity and default it to each Opportunity Product.  However, for exceptions I want the user to be able to enter that QTY when entering the Product, and not have to create the Product line item and then go back and edit the Opportunity Product line item - which seems to be the only way of seeing / editing custom fields on the Opportunity Product.

I have the logic and formulas all worked out, I just want to display the custom number field during the initial data entry, so they just have to go do it once.

Thanks,
-J
CaptainObviousCaptainObvious

Have you tried adding your custom field to the Opportunity Product Page Layout?

Setup - App Setup - Customize - Opportunities - Opportunity Products - Page Layouts

J RoamJ Roam

Oh yes,

You can see it AFTER you add a product (and go back to the record).  But not on the Add a Product screen.

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
Go back to the page layout and click the Page Layout Name (do not click Edit).

You should see an Edit Multi-Line Layout button across the top- next to the Edit, Clone, and Preview buttons.
J RoamJ Roam
Thank you! That did it.