function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shillshill 

API for Group Edition

Hello,

We have a key/token that allows us to perform integrations using the web services API on behalf of our "Professional Edition" clients since the web services API is not a part of the "Professional Edition" offering.    Would the same concept apply to our clients that use the "Group Edition" offering? 

We use the code snipet below (note that _SFDCPartnerKey points to a variable in our code and is not our actual key/token)

Dim sforceService As New SforceService

sforceService.CallOptionsValue = New CallOptions

sforceService.CallOptionsValue.client = _SFDCPartnerKey

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Scott

SuperfellSuperfell
You should talk to your contact in the partner group who issued you your token. They can tell you if group edition is included.
shillshill

Will do.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

ad75ad75
Simon, your reply got my attention.  Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you said, but did you mean to imply that it is sometimes possible for the clientId to enable API access on Group Edition?  I have looked into this quite a bit, but as far as I have been able to find out, the clientId token only enables API access on Pro Edition orgs.  But maybe you are aware of something that I have missed?  Thanks.
shillyershillyer
The Client ID (aka API Token) we provide only allows API Access for Professional Edition, NOT Group Edition. If you want API Access for Professional Edition, you will need to start the Security Review. Details can be found here.

Best,
Sati
GoForceGoGoForceGo

If you certify your App and get a token, is Data Loader available for Professional Edition? If not, what would be the alternative for loading data in batch mode?

SuperfellSuperfell
No. use Import ?
GoForceGoGoForceGo

Thanks Simon. I assume by imports you mean, Setup->Data Management->Import

Is there anyway to schedule imports?

I guess the question really is:

How would you import data automatically on a schedule into Professional  Edition. With a token, presumably, I could write a Java client app, but my client app would have to mimic Data Loader functionality - loading csv, mapping it, logging errors...

Message Edited by GoForceGo on 06-02-2009 12:47 PM
GoForceGoGoForceGo

Simon,

Seems like Data Loader code is available as open source (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=139991)

I guess we could modify it, as long as we have a professional edition API token for our own App. Or would it be against the licensing agreement for this open source code?

SuperfellSuperfell
I would think that's against the rules that got you an API token to start with, the API token is for your application.
GoForceGoGoForceGo

We were currently thinking of writing a Java Client App to integrate our App to Salesforce.com. Part of integration is to load a bunch of CSV files into Salesforce. For professional edition, we would use the API Token.

Instead of writing  our Java Client App from scratch, why could we not use the Data Loader code ? - it would save us a lot of coding to make it as industrial strength as Data Loader.

As long as use of this Java Client App is in the context of our application and we have a token for our App, I am hoping this is okay. The blog here seems to say it is free-for-all (http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2007/08/data-loader-ope.html)

How would I confirm this?