function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SetupForceSetupForce 

Approval Process - Edit within Eclipse Deployment

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Eclipse to edit and then deploy approval processes.

I can see various object schema within Eclipse (including workflows) but no access to the approval process code.

Just wondered if anyone has managed this?

Best wishes
Paul
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RickyGRickyG
Paul -

The Force.com IDE supports the objects covered by the Metadata API, which does not include approvals at this time. 

Hope this helps.

All Answers

RickyGRickyG
Paul -

The Force.com IDE supports the objects covered by the Metadata API, which does not include approvals at this time. 

Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
SetupForceSetupForce
Thanks Rick

Do you know if it's on the roadmap for the Metadata API?

Regards
Paul
RickyGRickyG
Paul -

Are you trying to pry a forward looking statement out of me?  Nice try, dude . . . .:smileywink:

The intent is for the Metadata API to support all Force.com metadata.  I hope this gives you enough direction for now.
CTU007CTU007
Is there an ETA on this?
SForceBeWithYouSForceBeWithYou

Don't hold me to anything, but from what we heard in the "Diving into the Developer Console" webinar, I think that the earliest something like this would be addressed is when they transfer from the currently closed-source Eclipse Force.com IDE plugin (based on the Metadata API) to the new Eclipse plugin which will be open-source and based on the Tool API.

This is assuming that this will be something resolved in the initial rollout of the Tool API in Winter '13.  I'm guessing this will NOT be resolved in the current Eclipse Force.com IDE plugin based on the Metadata API before this transition, but that's just my intuition based on my short experience with SalesForce.com feature enhancements.

netspidernetspider

There are a couple of Ideas on IdeasExchaneg which have status of Merged which will confirm that Salesforce have or are building this now