function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudMikeCloudMike 

Suggestion - Online Snippet Repository

I know that many of us find code snippets extremely helpful if not imperative - a developer's toolbox if you will.  Although Code Share is an excellent start to centralize helpful code, its currently geared more towards sample projects and the like.  And although the forums are filled with helpful snippets, trying to find them by choice is more like searching for Bigfoot - by the time you catch a glimpse of one in passing trying to find it later can prove challenging. 

With this in mind, I'd like to share a useful site which might be more well know to the .NET and Web Developer community out there.

For code snippets, I've been using a great site for years called CodeKeep.net. It's a good source and repository for other programming languages like .NET, Javascript, HTML and SQL.

Dave Donaldson created this site years ago and its been a terrific success even sporting its own free Visual Studio Addins.  The site also contains individual RSS Feeds for each code snippet language so you can keep up on any new snippets added. He has recently added several Salesforce.com specific categories:

• Salesforce.com - Apex
    • Salesforce.com - Visualforce

Hopefully he will soon be adding additional categories for SControl, SOSL and SOQL. You can store your snippets as Private for only you or Public to share them with others. I've added a few to start - Checkit out - ITS FREE.

In addition, hopefully there will be an Eclipse addin in the near future. I hope others find this site useful!

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 12-07-2008 04:21 PM

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 12-07-2008 04:22 PM