function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NazeerNazeer 

Email 2 case Vs Apex Email Service

Can we use Apex Email Services as similar to Email to Case? Is it possible? I do have around 10 routing address in Email to case, can I achieve same by Apex email services. Is it possible to rename Salesforce generated domain name is email services.

I didn’t find any detailed documentation regarding this. Any detailed clarifications highly appreciated.

Thanks ~ Nazeer

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
You can write Apex Code that will accomplish more or less the same functionality. Apex Email Services is currently available in Developer Edition.

I have written a good portion of the email-to-case code with Apex Email Services, and have been able to mimic most of the functionality.

Here is an example of how you can create tasks from emails:
http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Apex_Email_Services

NazeerNazeer

Hi,

Thanks for your quick help. Is it possible to rename Salesforce generated domain (Email Service Domain). Since generated domain is very lengthy and not easy to remember. It will be very useful if possible to rename like customer_support@company.com mean like generic email Id. If it is possible, kindly update me have can I achieve it. Thanks In advance.

Thanks - Nazeer

You can create an email address in your domain "support@yourcompany.com" and auto-forward all the emails to the salesforce email address.
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
Hi,

any idea about adding attachment also by this functionality, please update.
I means by this functionality am creating case, my requirement is like if email has any attachment, that also need to  be included while creating case.

Thanks in advance
We already support attachments. There are 2 types of attachments (text and binary)

The inbound email can have an array of text and binary attachments, you then create the attachments in salesforce and parent them to the case object.
henryCHhenryCH
Dear Rasmus,

I'd like to know how you managed the automatic assignment of incoming emails to existing cases. Is there a way to get the reference Id of the existing Cases using Apex? Is the Apex Email Service intended to be a replacement for the Email2Case Agent in general?

Thanks and best regards,
Henry