function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shillshill 

Enhanced Passwords in the API

Hello,

On Friday, I attended a webinar that outlined the security initiatives that Salesforce would be putting in place in the near future.  

What I understood from the webinar is that if a user wishes to login via the API, they need to provide their user name and password + security token as opposed to just user name and password like we are currently used to.   

I have a few questions:
1) Does the security token have to be passed to the API login call even if the IP address of the calling machine is white listed in the Salesforce installation?  
2) Is there a way I can gain access to a pre-release environment where this is already in place?

Thank you,
Scott
SuperfellSuperfell
1. No, if you're logging in from a whitelisted location, then you can use just username + password.
2. Yes, not sure exactly how the pre-release program is being managed, you should probably start by contacting your CSM.
shillshill
Ah -  your answer to my first question is exactly what I wanted to hear!

Sorry to be persistant, but I just want to be absolutely clear before we send out communication to the few hundred mutual clients that we have.

So if our clients have our IP address range in their white list, then we are fine to continue using just the normal username + password for logging into the API, and do not have to worry about the security token at all?

Much appreciated!

Scott