function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shillshill 

Scheduled Maintenance - Dec 9

Hello,

I am seeing error messages returned from the API that servers are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.   I am seeing this for a number of our clients who are on the NA2 instance, and it seems to be intermittent.

The trust.salesforce.com site doesn't mention anything about scheduled maintenance for today (perhaps it did, but it has since been updated), so I was wondering if there was another place I could check to see when the maintenance window will end, or if anyone on the community site was aware of it.

Thank you,
Scott
SteveBowerSteveBower
Most of the the time they post the scheduled maintenance time periods as a "hit ok to move on" window during the login process through the UI as well as on trust.salesforce.com.

However there is no way to get this info programatically except by catching login failures.   People I've talked to about integration projects sometimes forget this and expect that Salesforce will be up all the time when in fact you have to count on downtime windows of up to several hours at a time.  (Not to mention unplanned downtime which has been known to happen although not so often recently.)

I feel that trust.salesforce.com should show the scheduled maintenance downtimes (perhaps in a blinking green or something), so we really have a complete picture.

Best, Steve.

shillshill

Thank you for the reply Steve,

I probably should have been a bit more clear in my thread.   I am aware of how the maintenance periods work and affect the API; all I'm looking for is someone on the Salesforce side to tell me whether NA2 should, in fact, be returning "server unavailable due to scheduled maintenance" errors via the API.

Usually maintenance windows are listed on trust.salesforce.com.  If you go to the site now, you will see it is listing maintenance for NA0 on December 15th.   If NA2 is returning the errors I am seeing, then it should be listed on the site.  Since it isn't, I'm just hoping to get some idea of when the maintenance will be over.

Thank you,

Scott

mravagnamravagna

I have been getting those same errors since Saturday.  I am still getting that "Error 5066 : Server unavailable due to scheduled maintenance" as of this morning.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

shillshill
It looks as though this has been resolved.   I am not seeing the NA2 instance throw scheduled maintenance API errors anymore.  

Thank you to the SFDC team for resolving this!

Scott