function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FluffyFluffy 

Need Help With DescribeGlobal()

Hello,

I'm using Java, and an axis 2 generated stub with xmlbeans option. I can perform most of
the operations from the API (like logging in, executing queries, etc). However, for some reason
I can't call the describeGlobal() function, and haven't been able to figure out why. My code is
as follows:

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*/
try{

SforceServiceStub stub = new SforceServiceStub();          
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_ACCEPT_GZIP, Boolean.TRUE);
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_GZIP_REQUEST, Boolean.TRUE);

LoginDocument ld = LoginDocument.Factory.newInstance();
Login l = Login.Factory.newInstance();
l.setUsername("abc@def.ghi.jk");
l.setPassword("xxxx");           
ld.setLogin(l);

LoginScopeHeaderDocument lshd = LoginScopeHeaderDocument.Factory.newInstance();
LoginScopeHeader aLoginScopeHdr = LoginScopeHeader.Factory.newInstance();
lshd.setLoginScopeHeader(aLoginScopeHdr);
LoginResult lr = stub.login(ld, lshd).getLoginResponse().getResult();          

stub = new SforceServiceStub(lr.getServerUrl());
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_ACCEPT_GZIP, Boolean.TRUE);
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_GZIP_REQUEST, Boolean.TRUE);

SessionHeader sh = SessionHeader.Factory.newInstance();
sh.setSessionId(lr.getSessionId());
SessionHeaderDocument sd = SessionHeaderDocument.Factory.newInstance();
sd.setSessionHeader(sh);

DescribeGlobalDocument dgd = DescribeGlobalDocument.Factory.newInstance();
stub.describeGlobal(dgd, sd);       
}
catch(Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();           
}
/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*/

The login is successful, however the describeGlobal() function throws me the following exception:

org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: java.lang.IllegalStateException
    at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:211)
    at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMDocumentImpl.getOMDocumentElement(OMDocumentImpl.java:127)
    at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.getDocumentElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:328)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceStub.toOM(SforceServiceStub.java:6166)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceStub.toEnvelope(SforceServiceStub.java:6535)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceStub.describeGlobal(SforceServiceStub.java:1855)

Can anybody please suggest what I may be doing wrong here ? Should I be setting the session header
somehow differently ?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions,
regards,

-- Fluffy