function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FluffyFluffy 

Cannot access some of Salesforce Tables (??)

Hello !
I'm currently trying to make a local copy of our salesforce db. The basic approach i'v adopted
so far is query each and every table and dump the data in local postgresql db.
I use java, axis 2 and stub was generated with xmlbeans option.
I am able to query most of the tables (74 of them). However, there are several tables which I can't
query for some reason . The API exception I'm getting when trying to run queries on these tables
are not very descriptive. For instance, when running the query
"Select Id from Name"

the API throws the following exception:

com.sforce.soap.enterprise.UnexpectedErrorFaultException: UnexpectedErrorFaultException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceStub.query(SforceServiceStub.java:4257)

I'm totally at loss here. I've looked in my wsdl file, and the definition of the Name
object is there. Moreover, I can call the describe() function on Name , and it returns
all the correct fields of the Name table. Does anybody have any idea why I'm unable
to query this table ? Can it have anything to do with the way my wsdl was generated
or something ?
Any suggestions would be grrreatly appreciated ! :0)

regards,
--Fluffy