function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
finkyfinky 

The new authentication/challenge feature STINKS

The whole purpose of using a web-based CRM is that it's available to use anywhere you can use the internet. Unfortunately SFDC changed the rules on us SEVERELY limiting it's utility while still charging the same.

I thought that I'd have to go through the Challenge process once to authorize my laptop.  Unfortunately, using  my Verizon wireless card  (or using any wifi service on the road, ie Starbucks, etc) you'll have to do this every time you want to log-on.  And, by the way, I have no way to access my corporate email on my laptop, so the Challenge email goes to my office computer, not my laptop. 

This is totally unacceptable

I would be willing to validate each new computer once.  There should be a way to authorize the machine (ie home computer, or laptop) once and only once.  A RSA keyfob, or Bloomberg fingerprint validator, or downloaded software application (I know, I know - "no software!")  would all be acceptable, but it seems like SFDC is trying do this on the cheap

Finky
a.schaefera.schaefer
have you tried to use the Security Token based login instead on your laptop?
http://trust.salesforce.com/security.html#identity

HTH - Andreas
(disclaimer: i actually haven't had that issue on my notebook and i'm between networks all the time)
dapkusdapkus
Our goal was to keep this out of your way as much as possible - to challenge once from each computer. It's working that way for the majority of our customers, but it doesn't sound like it's working as designed for you.

It'd be great to have you file a case with support so we can get this functionality working for you. I'll also contact you privately.

-Pete
product management, salesforce.com
gaisergaiser
>>to challenge once from each computer

That is not quite the case when people use tools like Data Loader and similar and work from the place with dynamic IP (ex: from home).

It is quite annoying having to copy/paste the token every time when login. It is even more annoying when someone have to work with several SFDC orgs and have to store all tokens somewhere (for simplicity that would be plain text file on my desktop – does not sound like a secure solution, does it?)