function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LogmiLogmi 

Integration with SF

Hi,
We are in the preliminary stages integrating SalesForce with our web application.  I need some data generated in our app to be saved to its related case in SalesForce. 
1. Is it possible to pass the Case ID and Session ID from SalesForce to our app (using our API through an S-Control)?  And in turn, our app call the the Apex API web service to insert/update the case in SalesForce.
2. Is a logon call required to log in to the login server and starts a client session or can we just use Session ID and do an upsert?

I'm sure I don't need the SF username and passord in our app to access the API, I just don't know how it's done.  know these are pretty general questions, but I would very much appreciate your input to get us on the right track.
Sero

DevAngelDevAngel
The api login is a two step process
1. call the login function
2. setup the client using the info returned from the login function

After login you recieve a url and a session id.  These two pieces are then used to set a new endpoint for the specific instance for the logged in user in the case of the url and to validate each subsequent request as in the case of the session id.

If you have a valid session id and the appropriate url for that session id, then you can skip step one and use those two pieces of info in step 2.  Those two pieces of info can be sent to your web application using an scontrol and merge/formula fields in the scontrol code.