function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaimijaimi 

Image within salesforce

How can I upload and assign an image to a record within my salesforce object?
greggatssdgreggatssd
We use an external server and php scripts that let us upload pdf files and creates thumbnail images which link to SF with a URL string and s-controls.

We are only using Professional so I dont know about the other editions, they may have more features for this?

jpizzalajpizzala
Depending on your exact needs, you should try the Picture Uploader (Salesforce Labs AppExchange app) found here: http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000003hTz8AAE

If you can finagle your way around some SControl/Javascript code, you can modify this to upload an image to objects other than the default Contact.

Also to note, this app by default allows you to upload a single image per execution, but you can use it to upload multiple files in sequence (but I would recommend using the standard Attach File functionality for multiple files). Only the most recently added photo through this method will be used on the object. Again, if you know your way around SControls/Javascript, you could develop your own code with this as the base.

Hope this helps