function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
3Solitudes3Solitudes 

How to integrate my user base into SalesForce?

I have a website that acts as a community for a specific professional marketplace. How do I add all the professionals that are registerd onto my site into sales force. (I have a sales force/onesource account intelligence user account)

So essentially if a new user registers onto my site
Ex: Mark Smith, CFO of XZY LLC

How do I make sure (short of manually adding him) that this user gets onto SalesForce so that when I log in next time, I can do my sales campaign and assign sales task for him as well?

(Just to clarify - I am not saying that I want Mark Smith to have access to sales force, but that when I log into sales force, I should be able to search on him and have one record of all my prospective clients.)

Thanks in advance.
tocktock
Hello,
 There are  many ways to do it. you can use PHP 5 with the SOAP extension to take the values from your website when the user registers, and create accounts or users  etc... in Salesforce on the fly via the salesforce API. If you download the php toolkit you will find it very useful.
cheers.
ClaiborneClaiborne
An even easier way is the Web-to-Lead function. Use Setup,App Setup, Customize, Leads, Web to Lead. This will generate some html code (a form with a unique salesforce.com id) that can be used on your web site. When the visitor hits submit, the lead is automatically created in salesforce.com. No muss, no fuss, no coding.
Mike LeachMike Leach

Web-to-Lead will register a site visitor as a Lead in Salesforce.

If the user needs to retain a membership identity on your site after the initial Lead registration, and even after you've converted them to a Contact, you'll need a CMS that is integrated with Salesforce. This is a common scenario we address in i-Dialogue.

RenatKhasanshynRenatKhasanshyn
Cubic,

The folks are right, Web-to-Lead would be the easiest solution, if its possible to implement with your existing website. If you need to retain them as a members (with possible modification of their profiles or contact information on your website synced with salesforce.com) then you could try a free Apatar data integration tool. What database is your website running on top of? Its most likely will be MySQL or MS SQL, or Oracle. Apatar can take data from any of these databases, or even LDAP and link that data to a custom Salesforce.com object and fields, without having to write a single line of code.

Online Demo of Apatar for Salesforce.com: http://www.apatar.com/web_demo.html