function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arasuarasu 

Why Data Loader throws access privilege error while updating RecordTypeID field?

Hi,

I am trying to update the RecordType field for Opportunities Object using Apex Data Loader, but I get the following error. "Insufficient Access rights on object id"

I was able to insert the new opportunities using Data Loader, but updating the recordType field fails.

Appreciate your response in this regard,

Thanks,
Ambili

SuperfellSuperfell
Does your profile include access to that recordType ?
arasuarasu
Yes, my profile is that of System Administrator and it is allowed. Also from UI, I am able to change the RecordType to another value, but only from back-end its failing.

Please find the screenshot of the Profile access for RecordTypeID field for Opportunity

Solution ManagerEditableEditableEditable
Standard UserEditableEditableEditable
System AdministratorEditableEditableEditable
Test Blackhawk Alliance Sales UserEditableEditableEditable
Test Blackhawk Biz Dev UserEditableEditableEditable
SuperfellSuperfell
In addition to FLS, there are also mappings at the profile level of specific RecordType's to specific profiles, the API won't let you change the recordType of row to a recordType that exists, but is not mapped into your profile.
arasuarasu
Hi,
I verified the profile level setting for the RecordTypeID field for Opportunity and it is "Visible" for System Administrator Profile.

Field NameField TypeVisibleRead-Only
Opportunity Record TypeRecord TypeCheckedNot Checked

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
SuperfellSuperfell
As i tried to explain, I don't mean FLS, see the section titled "Record Type Settings" on the profile page.
arasuarasu

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the help.. After verifying the RecordType settings, I figured out that the ID of the RecordTypeID field in Opportunity that I used in data loader belonged to account object and not for Opportunity.

I was able to successfully update the records after I used the RecordTypeId that belonged to Opportunity Object.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

smikesmike

Hi,

Iam getting a similar access privelege error when Iam using the data loader to add products to opportunity. Iam not sure if this can be done using data loader. But I checked the Record Type setings in my profile (Iam the admin) and this is what it shows: What am I doing wrong?

Standard Record Type Settings

AccountsAccounts (Default), Partners
[ Edit ]
Leads 
Campaigns OpportunitiesOpportunity (Default)
[ Edit ]
Cases Products 
Contacts Solutions 
Contracts Tasks 
Events