function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MattAustinMattAustin 

OpenAccess ODBC driver limits on joins?

We have downloaded the trial version of OpenAccess' ODBC driver for SalesForce.  It is working fine when we query a single table, getting several hundred rows returned.  However, when we join tables (Opportunities to Accounts), we only get about a dozen rows returned.  What would limit the numbers of rows returned on a join? 
RenatKhasanshynRenatKhasanshyn
MattAustin,

What database are you trying to move SFDC data to/from?

Renat
MuMu
hello renat,

talking about OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.com, the latest version 1.3 does not support Salesforce.com API version 8 which has more visible tables that I need. OpenAccess told me they will release newer version in the thrid quarter 2007.

any better ODBC driver for Salesforce.com?

thanks.
MattAustinMattAustin

Renat,

We are just evaluating OpenAccess at this time, so we are simply testing different queries.  We are not using it to populate any additional databases.  Any ideas why a join in OpenAccess would limit the number of records returned?

Thanks,

Matt

MuMu

hello matt,

i have been using OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.com version 1.3 which supports Salesforce.com API version 7. I have been using it to connect to my Salesforce.com database from MS Access 2003. I have not had this problem so far at all. I have been joining tables and creating little advanced and complicated queries and no problems. My problem is that the new tables in Salesforce.com API version 8 (EmailStatus and EmailMessage) are not available.

RenatKhasanshynRenatKhasanshyn
Matt,

Perhaps you could try Apatar Data Integration, a free ETL developed to ease integration of Salesforce.com data with 3rd party databases and applications. It supports joins within salesforce.com tables, as well as between tables in salesforce.com and tables in 3rd party databases and applications.

Apatar Features:
1. Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations.
2. Connectivity to CSV, TXT, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, FTP, HTTP (POST and GET), Compiere ERP, Goldmine CRM, XML (local and web-based), Webdav, Buzzsaw, LDAP, Amazon and even Flickr;
3. Job Scheduling.

Should you have questions on how to use Apatar, feel free to use forums supported by developers and the Apatar community: http://www.apatar.com/forums/
MuMu
that was interesting Renat.
thanks.