function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tmbarrytmbarry 

Creating a follow up activity from a campaign

Please forgive my ignorance as I am a SF Admin newbie. 

I have been asked to create a campaign for a direct mailing (this I can do).  I then added 300 contacts to the campaign and from that created a report to export all the needed address information to our print vendor (so far so good).  Now, I am going to receive and email from the print vendor once the letters have been mail - this is where it's gets tricky.  Once I get that email from the print vendor, I am going to mark the campaign active.  Here is my problem.  Once I mark that campaign I want to auto assign a task/activity to the sales rep responsible for the contact to place a follow up phone call within 21 days of the campaign going active.  Can/how do I do that?  I can automatically create a single task telling myself to make a follow phone call, but I cannot figure out how to assign one task/activity to each of the 300 contacts.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Todd B

TheBootTheBoot

Hi Todd,

If you are still looking for an answer to this, I have an idea for you. 

I would do this using the Excel Connector, if you havent used this yet, it is a great tool, and its free.  It takes a bit of set up, and learning, but is well worth it.

Are you familiar with it?