function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ValarieValarie 

Send notification email to contact in case object

Hi all,

I am having this situation and I got stucked. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate.
When a user puts a check in the Send Notification email to contact checkbox in the Case object, the email will be sent out from that user email address, now I need to switch to a different email address, for example a group email address like support@company.com, so the contact will only see the email from support@company.com, not from the individual email address.

Thanks,
Valerie
Greg HGreg H
You can update the return email address of your users in the "My Email Settings" section of setup.  As far as I know you cannot set this for each person - they must do it on their own or grant you login access to do it for them.  Access the page by following Setup > Email > My Email Settings.
-greg
ValarieValarie
Thanks Greg.

Valerie
GlennAtAppirioGlennAtAppirio
Small warning on this approach.  If you're using email2case for your support@company.com email address, customer replies to comment notifications will create new cases, since SFDC doesn't insert the thread ID in these notifications.  I've logged an IdeaExchange idea for this - please vote for it. 
ValarieValarie
Thanks Glenn for the warning. I did vote for it.

Valerie.