function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MATTYBMEMATTYBME 

Customer Portal Login within Existing web page?

We have placed the Customer Portal login URL inside an iframe on an existing web page. How do we get it to redirct to the Portal on login?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
Right now you can't change the location of the forgot password page.  When Salesforce.com Sites becomes available you can make your own login page with your own Forgot Password link that can do whatever you want, but until then, that login page is how it is.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Redirect what, the whole page?  It can't do that -- that would violate cross-domain scripting rules.  Your page is served from www.mattybme.com (for example) and the portal login page in an iframe is coming from na6.salesforce.com -- the page from na6.salesforce.com can't touch the greater www.mattybme.com page.
MATTYBMEMATTYBME

So how does one place the Customer Portal login URL inside an existing webpage so on username and password submission the Portal opens outside of the existing web page? Also, what happens to the "Forgot Password?" link and then the "Return to login page" link?

Here is what our Graphic Designer has said:

Looks like that "Forgot Password" link change will have to happen on the saleforce.com side.

On the Anystream.com page if you press "Forgot Password", it takes you to a saleforce.com page here: https://na6.salesforce.com/secur/forgotpasswordp.jsp?orgId=00D3000000000yM&portalId=060800000001vKV&pLu=%2Fsecur%2Flogin_portal.jsp

On that page there is a "Return to login page" link.  I viewed the source of that .jsp and the a href for that link is:

<a href="/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=00D3000000000yM&amp;portalId=060800000001vKV">Return to login page</a>

Is there a way in salesforce to set that "Return to login page" link to our url of: http://www.anystream.com/support_portal2.aspx

Could really do with some help(documentation woud be good) on how to handle the login URL and corresponding links on a Company Website.

Thanks

werewolfwerewolf
Right now you can't change the location of the forgot password page.  When Salesforce.com Sites becomes available you can make your own login page with your own Forgot Password link that can do whatever you want, but until then, that login page is how it is.
This was selected as the best answer
MATTYBMEMATTYBME

I assume that goes for the "Return to login page" on the Forgot Password redirect? No way for that to point back to our existing web page where the Login URL resides?

Would be interested to see how other companies have implemented this.

Right now we have the Login URL sitting inside our web page and on username and password submission (Login) the Portal opens in a new browser window. This seems to work succesfully. 

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, the whole forgot password flow is fixed right now.
MATTYBMEMATTYBME
Ok thanks. Any other suggestions on how to circumvent the existing fixed Forgot Password flow? Do you know of any SF Customer Portal Customers who have done some neat website trickery in this regard?
werewolfwerewolf
The only other way to do it that I can think of right now would be to implement single signon so that the portal itself is not the signon authority.  Sites will be the true fix though, probably in the summer release.
MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Thanks again Marco I eagerley await Sites. I just can't imagine other SF Customer Portal Customers have been satisfied with the existing Portal login from a branding perspective.

I just had a thought; surely one can make sure that the "Forgot Password" and "Return to login page" links open up in an iframe on a webpage correct? Or am I clutching at straws?

werewolfwerewolf

Actually most customers don't seem to have minded it so much, it's only really been you and one other customer who have complained, but anyway we have a good solution for it in the works.

As for the Forgot Password and all, I'm not certain but I think if it starts in an iframe then it will stay there.

MATTYBMEMATTYBME
Sorry for the "complaint." Not my intent. I am totally satisfied now I know this is how it works. I was just wanting to make sure that I had covered the angles. Thanks again.
werewolfwerewolf
That's OK, I consider it an enhancement request we're addressing proactively :).
jcnacjcnac

Hi,

I have a similar issue but I want to post here first before creating a new thread.

My problem is we have sites implemented, but the Customer Portal URL can still be accessed, and the Customer Portal Login screen is displayed.

1.) how can we disable the Old URL?

2.) If we cannot disable the old URL, how can I disable or customize the forgot password link? We have our own Forgot Password functionality in place but if the user access the Old URL and click on this link, SalesForce sends the password to the user bypassing our Forgot Password mechanism.

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf
Salesforce Sites is now available, and with it you can create your own custom login page that goes to your own custom portal domain.  You can't disable the old portal domain, but if you use a Sites login page then your customers will never even know that that old login page exists at all.
jcnacjcnac

Our customers got a hold of the old URL that's why they have access to the Portal URL.

Thank you for the reply, I repled in the Thread I created, I made a more detailed explaination of our case.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&thread.id=38355