function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
drew5101drew5101 

How to recreate new contact new, quick event buttons...

I would like to create custom buttons/links to place in various parts of my system that will have the functionality of opening the mini event creation window or the abbreviated contact creation layout.

To clarify, I am talking about 2 different buttons/links, not one to perform both tasks.

The first:  

When you double click the calendar, a pop up opens up that allows you to quickly insert an event, this popup appears to use the mini layout.  I wish to create a button that will open this up from other locations, but I cannot figure out how to link to this pop up...

As an alternative, I would be fine with recreating the pop up from scratch, if I were to do this what are the best practice for duplicating this?  A visualforce pop up page coming from a javascript custom button?

The second:

Most of the time my users will not need to enter nearly all the fields for contacts that are provided.  Having a "mini" new contact form easily accessible would be a great benefit.  Preferrably as a popup.  I have only seen something like this on the search layout's "new" button.  I would like to create something simillar to the pop up that quickly adds an event above, but for contacts, then have the option to place buttons throughout my system that would make adding a contact fast and simple.

I'm fairly new at all this, sorry if this is a bit basic of a question...

Lastly, is there some type of a map/document available from salesforce for developers that lists out all the pages, layouts, mini layouts, popups, etc that come stock with the developer edition?  perhaps in flowchart or listed format.  All the documentation I have found is written out in narrative format.  (For me, I'm only concerned with the force.com platform, not the CRM)

Thanks,

Drew