function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WG246WG246 

Web to Lead Generated Form Unaligned on our Site

I've generated a number of Web to Lead forms which include standard and custom fields.  My developer and I have inserted them into Joomla managed pages, html pages, and most recently to test with ease, into html building blocks on an old Network Solutions Image Cafe web site designer.  In all cases, we are unable to get the form field text and boxes to be aligned-- they are all over the place, it looks ridiculous.  Anymore have, and then solve, this problem?
werewolfwerewolf

That's really just HTML -- those form fields are very raw with no styling.  Really you can put any kind of input component you want in there, as long as its name and ID matches the ones from the generated HTML and it's inside a form that submits to the web to lead servlet.

Here's a page where they're aligned.

WG246WG246

Thanks, in my naivete, I had expected the Web-to-Lead generated form to, at a minimum, include default spacing between text and boxes and text centering...but alas.  I'm getting it fixed up per your suggestion and example. 

Not too long ago, I used MS Office Live-- the free Web site and SharePoint thing-- to collect information from clients and employees.  Although it is the lack of customization options and crappy Office Live CRM bonus, that makes that program pretty limiting if not useless at times, they did have a nice "Forms Module" tool in the Web site creator where you could pick the database/object and select the needed fields right there on the Web site content manager.

It got me thinking, as I now have a Joomla managed site, that it would be cool if a developer created a Joomla add-in module linked to Salesforce objects/tabs.  It would be even cool-er, if the add-in allowed the user to select not just fields in the Leads section, but choose the desired object, and then the needed fields.  That would make life really easy if a user wanted to populate a custom tab with Web entries.  I've always wondered why generating form code is only available for Web-to-Leads-- would it really be that much more complicated to offer that same process for creating code based on custom tabs and fields?

If someone is into Joomla, Salesforce, and efficiency that would be an awesome app.

Thanks again for the input