function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BioBio 

Sandbox problems

We have recently upgraded to Enterprise edition and discovered that there is a sandbox feature. We went ahead and created a sandbox, but unfortunately none of the data in our production instance has been transferred. Reading the manual, it says that there are different types of sandboxes. When we created our sandbox, none of these options were available. Also, we are now unable to refresh or delete the sandbox - any ideas why that would be?

We would really like to have an exact copy of our prod system.

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Enterprise edition includes a setup only sandbox, i.e. it'll copy all of your configuration, but none of your actual data.

http://www.salesforce.com/products/editions-pricing/feature-comparison/

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Enterprise edition includes a setup only sandbox, i.e. it'll copy all of your configuration, but none of your actual data.

http://www.salesforce.com/products/editions-pricing/feature-comparison/

This was selected as the best answer
BioBio
OK, thanks for your quick response.
SteveBowerSteveBower

Just as a followup thought... If you are doing Apex development, then for your code coverage tests you'll eventually need scripts which setup (and possibly tear down) sample data so that your test scripts are Salesforce-Account-Independent and thus portable from Sandbox to Production.

So, instead of manually creating a bunch of different records to populate it for testing (which might be your first thought after encountering an empty Sandbox), it might be more efficient to just bite the bullet from scratch and write some Apex to create (and possibly re-create) your testing data.

I don't know if this applies to you or not (e.g. if you're doing Apex development  or not), but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Best, Steve.

BioBio
Thanks a lot for your contribution Steve! That's exactly what I am going to do.