function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
crcochrancrcochran 

Send E-Mail on behalf of another user

I have two needs for this:

1.  As a part of a Sales team, I would like to be able to send out an E-Mail on behalf of the Account Exec.  So how can a member of a Sales Team send an e-mail on behalf of the account exec?  My main goal here would be to have the response go back to teh Account Exec and not the member who sent the E-Mail.

2. My industry regulates e-mails that are sent to clients.  Because of this government regulation, I do not allow my service reps to be able to send e-mail directly to clients mostly because of the action that must be taken if a client responds.  Instead, I would like to trigger a workflow rule to send an E-Mail alert to the client, but have the E-Mail sent on behalf of the Company and not the individual rep.  Any ideas how I could send an e-mail out as my system account (i.e. my IT guys account - basically any other user) instead of the service rep who requested it?

werewolfwerewolf

1.  As a part of a Sales team, I would like to be able to send out an E-Mail on behalf of the Account Exec.  So how can a member of a Sales Team send an e-mail on behalf of the account exec?  My main goal here would be to have the response go back to teh Account Exec and not the member who sent the E-Mail.

Right now, you can't do that from Salesforce.com.

2. My industry regulates e-mails that are sent to clients.  Because of this government regulation, I do not allow my service reps to be able to send e-mail directly to clients mostly because of the action that must be taken if a client responds.  Instead, I would like to trigger a workflow rule to send an E-Mail alert to the client, but have the E-Mail sent on behalf of the Company and not the individual rep.  Any ideas how I could send an e-mail out as my system account (i.e. my IT guys account - basically any other user) instead of the service rep who requested it?

Also not possible right now (from workflow) but a very popular feature request that is under consideration.  For individual emails (i.e. not workflow email alerts) you can use Email To Case routing addresses as the from address:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/support/2008/07/the-quick-email.html

crcochrancrcochran

"For individual emails (i.e. not workflow email alerts) you can use Email To Case routing addresses as the from address:"

So how would that work ... do I have to have customer portal turned on?  Is there a way that I can change that for all my service reps automatically and then restrict them from changing it back?

Thank you for your help!!

werewolfwerewolf
It has nothing to do with customer portal.  Read the section of that blog entry about the From addresses.  You can't restrict your agents from changing the email address, but you can default it.
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
This came up recently on the Salesforce Stack Exchange - Is it possible to send email on behalf of another user? (https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/a/177725/102)

It should be possible to use Organization-Wide Email Addresses for each user the email should appear to be from.