function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cased19cased19 

SF Newbie - Need Follow up reminders sent to clients

We are in need of creating a way to send our clients follow up reminders after support has replied asking for more information, clarification etc.

What we need is to have a trigger, workflow (which ever is best) fire off a templated email 3 days after a request has been sent to the client asking for additional information. If no response is received after two additional days, then have the case closed.

Is there anyway to accomplish something like this? Maybe even a better way?

Thanks!

Message Edited by cased19 on 03-04-2009 11:44 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NBlasgenNBlasgen

I'm not exactly sure I agree with the recomendation given.  Look under Setup -> Customize -> Cases -> Support Settings.

Use this setting to specify whether contacts who are not members of your Self-Service portal can be notified when a new comment is added to a case.
Enable Case Comment Notification to ContactsChecked
Case Comment TemplateSUPPORT: Reply

Use this setting to notify case owner when a comment is added to a case.
Notify Case Owner of New Case CommentsChecked

All Answers

learnSFlearnSF

I guess time based work flow will work for you.

Let me know if you need any help on developing trigger or work flow.

cased19cased19

I may need assistance with that. I haven't worked with triggers and have only created simple (very) workflows.

Thanks!

NBlasgenNBlasgen

I'm not exactly sure I agree with the recomendation given.  Look under Setup -> Customize -> Cases -> Support Settings.

Use this setting to specify whether contacts who are not members of your Self-Service portal can be notified when a new comment is added to a case.
Enable Case Comment Notification to ContactsChecked
Case Comment TemplateSUPPORT: Reply

Use this setting to notify case owner when a comment is added to a case.
Notify Case Owner of New Case CommentsChecked

This was selected as the best answer
cased19cased19

Can something like this be automated to send a reminder x days after the first comment has been sent and then close the case 2 (or however many days is finally decided on...) days later "If" no reply is received?

Basically we're working towards streamlining our case flows a little. One of the huge problems we have is keeping track of all the requests for additional information that never get a reply... Rather than pulling the cases up and manually sending reminders to the contact reminding them we needed more info and/or closing the case, we want to automate the process a bit to free up time for the reps to actually work case.

NBlasgenNBlasgen

I haven't used Workflow rules yet.  With API access you could always write a program that does something like:

SELECT Id FROM Cases WHERE LastModfied < [2 days ago] AND Status = 'Waiting on Client'

Then close all the cases automaticly.  There might be a method to do it as well using Workflow but again I'm not sure how to do that.  Without API, you might also be able to create a custom button that you could add to a Report that ran the same query as above... and have a manual process of automaticly closing cases based on that custom button.  Sadly I'm only familiar with basic triggers and API.  I haven't done the others...