function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tanner_shamrocktanner_shamrock 

Free Salesforce.com Advanced Search Code

Hey guys,

I built a small little piece of functionality that has been very beneficial.

In the past, there have been many times Users have needed to search for some value in a custom field in SFDC or search for an external identifier on a record.  ex.  I need to search for a record where SAP ID = "200002343".

Previously, the users had to either search and then search again using advanced search or go straight to advanced search to do this.  This is ONLY if they understand that advanced search will do this.

Well, I developed a small piece of code to replace the normal Salesforce.com search box that ALWAYS searches using Advanced Search.  It is an "omni search" box in a sense.

Take a look, take the code and install it on your organization at Shamrock CRM

jbardetjbardet

Everyone should be aware of this search feature. I was having problems with the normal search function as it would constantly find zero results when I'd search for things, say, within a description of an opportunity. When I clicked "Advanced Search" and "Selected All" it would finally find the info, but why would I need an extra step?? My account rep couldn't help, and I never heard back from the case that we opened.

In less than 5 min. Shamrock's solution solved my problem. Thank you so much for your help, and I have since contacted Shamrock for your services!

Take care.

Richard BlumerRichard Blumer
Since the new Summer '15 release came out this little trick is no longer working.  Has anyone found a way to get this same functionality now that they don't allow javascript to run in an HTMLArea home page component?