function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
djaindjain 

Error:Regarding error messages and GUI in VisualForce page

Hi,

I need to make replica of the VisaulForce page provided on Edit Button of contact (ContactNewOverride [npe01__ContactNewOverride] page provided by Salesforce) with some additional functionalities.

I am facing some problems...which are:

1. While entering a invalid data in Birthdate, i get following error below the BirthDate field:

Error.

.Invalid Date

.{0}:Conversion error occured

But it should be Invalid Date

2. If i use apex:inputField tag for Description field of Contact i.e a TextArea , I am not able to widen the field  in         GUI please help me to show a large text area on visualForce page using apex:inputField tag(b'coz i need to fire a validation error which can be shown using apex:inputField).

3. If there is any field voilating Validtaion rule,the following error message should be displayed at top of the screen.

Error: Invalid Data.
              Review all error messages below to correct your data.

As control does not go in Apex class and with the javascript don't know how to detect valiation error.

how to display this error.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advace.

ThomasTTThomasTT

Hi djain

I have the same problem as 1. ({0}: Conversion error occured). It seems that it doesn't happen in the standard pages, but it does always happens in any visualforce pages with date field.

The first message (Invalid Date) is reasonable, but the second message is not expected (especially {0}).

Does anybody has the same problem?

and is this a bug?