function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmgdmg 

What can/can't I do with the force.com platform on Professional Edition?

I'm trying to understand what I am able to do even though I cannot access the API.  If we have no plans to upgrade to Enterprise Edition currently am I wasting my time trying to learn how to program on this platform or are there still a lot of things that I can do?

If someone can list what's doable and what isn't it would be extremely helpful.  Examples of s-controls, components and visual force pages that can be authored?  I'm really not sure where the limits are and I know there aren't any with the developer edition so I don't want to waste my time developing something if I can't use in in our environment if you know what i mean...

Thanks,

D

shillyershillyer

You can view in detail the supported application and platform features for each edition here.

Hope that helps,

Sati

davemaxgdavemaxg

Actually that doesn't really help.  I was hoping that someone who has done force.com development could list what CAN be done.  It's very difficult to figure out where the limitations are without any experience with force.com development. 

That's what I'm looking for.  An answer from an experienced force.com developer on where I would run up against a wall when developing for my own Professional Edition environment.

Thank you,

David