function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kaulsaksoftkaulsaksoft 

Assigning a record as a task to another user

Can a record be assigned to another user as a task. As in the case of the Lead Assignments
CrmzepherCrmzepher

Hello kaulsaksoft,

You can accomplish this by creating a custom buttom or action link within the Leads, Contact page, or any other object depending on what record you want to assign using a task. With the custom button the user can be taken to a custom Task page that has the associated record (Lead, Contact, Account, whatever) already pre-populated. The only thing that the user has to do is choose who will be assigned the Task/Assocc Record.

The end user (the one that has received the Task with the Associated Record) will see the Task in their Task List and Views.

Extra! If you wanted the end user to easily see all the assigned records you can create a custom view in the List Area of the object or from the Task Object.

There are several ways to handle this and it can be done easily. It all depends on the specifics of your business processes.

I hope these ideas help. If you need more help or would like to us to create the custom items that you need for a small fee just let me know.

Good luck!

- crmzepher

www.5minuteforce.com

kaulsaksoftkaulsaksoft

Message Edited by kaulsaksoft on 03-09-2009 09:43 PM
kaulsaksoftkaulsaksoft

Hi Crmzepher

Thanks for ur help. It will surely help me in my application.

Regards

kaulsaksoft