function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudMikeCloudMike 

Eclipse - Save behavior only locally for unknown reason...

I'm at a loss to figure this one out.  When trying to save various files (it applies to all of them), Eclipse isn't even attempting to Save up to the Server.  It use to try to Save and only if it encountered an error would it Save Locally and report the error. 

Now, its only saves locally with no errors and only warnings with a description of "File only saved locally, not to server".  The only way I can save a file to the server is manually right-click on the file and choose Force.com \ Save to Server.  And this works fine but its maddening to now have to do this for every file.

Something is not right and I'd be grateful if some knows the solution!

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AlsoDougAlsoDoug

I had the same problem. I just created a new workspace and new force project without reinstalling everything and that appeared to work for me.

All Answers

JonPJonP
You need to turn on "Build Automatically", in the menu bar under Projects.
CloudMikeCloudMike
It always has been.  Got any other ideas?
CloudMikeCloudMike

Odd, but I had to actually reinstall the latest Force.com IDE update to get it to reset.  There must be something else going on in addition to the Project / Build Automatically setting.  If I figure out what it is, I'll post it here.

Thanks!

AlsoDougAlsoDoug

I had the same problem. I just created a new workspace and new force project without reinstalling everything and that appeared to work for me.

This was selected as the best answer
jjackson1.391016164401765E12jjackson1.391016164401765E12
Also check to make sure you are working online and not offline.  I was having the same problem and that was my issue.  Right click on your project, then click on the Force.com menu option.  If the Force.com menu shows Work Online in the list, you are offline.  Click Work Online.  This resolved the problem for me.