function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
motelymotely 

Data Loader and External IDs

Hi,

I am relatively new to salesforce.  Currently, I am using the data loader manually to upsert account information.  I have created two external Id fields for Accounts:  Chess_ID and Chess_Parent_ID.  I needed to delete all the accounts and start over.  When I upsert data, I am selecting Chess_ID to match on account and Chess_Parent_ID to match on parent.  I thought this would allow me to automatically match parent accounts with their children, but this is not what is happening. 

I am almost positive this is how I did it the first time andit worked.  However, i can't duplicate what I did.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

David

SuperfellSuperfell

Well, you'll need to make sure you're loading all the parents first. 

motelymotely

Hi Simon,

I am loading the parents first.  I think my problem is that I am matching parent id to chess_parent_id and I should be mapping it to Chess_id.  This seems to allow me to upsert accounts that have parents. 

I think I figured out my problem, I just wish there was an easier way to do it rather than doing multiple upserts.

Thanks,

David

Alex Carey 17Alex Carey 17
Hi, First of I suppose that your issue is solved if not solved after the support and community help then I will suggest that you should out first parent ID of the account of the chess pieces and then do the next step. Thanks