function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bc2000bc2000 

Internal Server Error on Custom Object

Hello Folks,

I have a custom object with two masters, until recently it was working fine and we were able to create records for this object, with roll-up summaries on both of the master objects.  I am not sure what triggered the error, but sometime yesterday it started, and now every time we try to create a record we get an "internal server error," with the following details:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 117
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 856
ORA-06512: at line 1
: {call cCustomEntityDataTemplate.insert_custentdatas(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)})}

Anyone ever experience anything like this? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the relationships I've set up between the objects, but I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly troublesome, just roll-ups and some formulas using that roll-up data.

I've logged a case, so we'll see what happens, but I'd greatly appreciate any comments anyone has.

Thank you!

BC
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi bc2000,

The fact that you are getting an ORA* type error indicates that this is a bug of some kind, unexpected behavior evidenced by the lack of a useful error message (useful to the end user).  I haven't tried to create a 2-master relationship, but it seems from the error that there may be an inconsistency in determining one or the other master.  Not much help, I know.  It would be great if you would post the solution or response from support.

As it says in the bible:  :smileysurprised:
Mathew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other."

(I am an evangelist after all)

Cheers

bc2000bc2000
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the comments.

The case has been elevated, if a solution ever comes up or I manage to figure out what's causing this error I'll post back here.

Very apt quote!

BC
bc2000bc2000
Hello Dave,

Your quote was more right than you could know!  Turns out I had somehow managed to make BOTH masters the primary master.
The problem was fixed easily by changing one of the relationships to a look-up, then back to master.  I had to delete the rollup summary fields on that master, but that's not a big deal.

The QA department is going to investigate how I managed to get two primary masters, if there's any more info I'll post it here.

BC