function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devNut!devNut! 

Why does this appear: "Concurrent requests limit exceeded"

Does anyone know the EXACT cause of this error?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to Process Request

Concurrent requests limit exceeded.

To protect all customers from excessive usage and Denial of Service attacks, we limit the number of long-running requests that are processed at the same time by an organization. Your request has been denied because this limit has been exceeded by your organization. Please try your request again later.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

DevAngelDevAngel
Hi Devnut,

My guess is that you are running some kind of integration via the SOAP API.  Many times integrations will have concurrent requests to improve performance.  There is a limit on concurrent requests per user and this is what you are seeing.

If I've got the context wrong, let me know and I'll find another explanation.

Cheers
devNut!devNut!
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible that running multiple instances of the Force.com Eclipse plugin might have cause this issue? 

i.e. multiple people working from different machines using the same login.

Thanks.
werewolfwerewolf
Yes, that's possible, if they're all saving or syncing at the same time.
Nikolai BalbaNikolai Balba
We just ran into the same issue. We have multiple developers working with the same developer instance under the same login (as developer account only allows two active users). How long should we expect to wait before access to this instance is available again and how to avoid this situation from happening in the future? Needless to say, this is a major issue as all our development work has stopped due to not being able to access the dev org.
devNut!devNut!
Hi Nikolai,
We had to leave the org overnight and were able to access it in the morning.

How many people did you have accessing the org simultaneously? 
Were you using the Force.com IDE (eclipse plug-in)?

Nikolai BalbaNikolai Balba
we had about 4 people using the login and they were accessing the org both with Eclipse and directly in the app.
devNut!devNut!
I'm not sure if using the app UI counts toward the concurrent request limit.

Anyway, you'd think that if 3 of the 4 people stopped using the Force.com IDE the last person would be able to connect ok.

In our case the whole org was locked out for hours - maybe you have to wait until the org's session timeout value is reached ?
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Hi,

I am using the Salesforce API's which try to update the same record at the same time.

Due to this, concurrency errors are shown. Is there a way to handle and process this either in APEX or the API's?

Thanks,

Cool_D

Alok ThakurAlok Thakur
its good way to create new sand box with respected to backup of that unable to process test class sand box.

Thanks