function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StormConsultingStormConsulting 

Create trigger in Enterprise Edition

Hi all,

I have a working trigger in our Developer Edition. I want to put this trigger on our Entrprise Edition. Do I need to get a Sandbox to do this?

I've got Eclipse setup, when I try to create a trigger in EE from Eclipse there's an error saying can't create trigger in installed package. When I try to create a sandbox project in Eclipse, it won't connect/login, I'm guessing I need to create a sandbox first in EE? How do I do this?

Cheers
JonPJonP
There are two pieces of information that should help you out...

1. In the Force.com IDE, it matters which package you create components in.  In the New Trigger wizard, for the Package field select "unpackaged".

2. It's a best practice NOT to create a Force.com Project directly against a production organization, especially when working with Apex code.  Instead, use the Deploy Wizard from your Developer Edition project to migrate components into production.  To start the wizard, right-click on your "src" folder and choose Force.com > Deploy to Server...

Note that you will not be able to deploy an Apex class or trigger into production until you have test methods that meet the production code coverage requirements.  See the Apex Developer's Guide for details.

Jon
canonwcanonw
You may also use the Java ant tool.  It's very easy to use.
StormConsultingStormConsulting
Ok thanks for the help.

I can use the deploy wizard now but I'm having trouble creating a testMethod for my trigger.

See my post here:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&thread.id=6039

I'd appreciate any further help on this!

Cheers
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
This Migration tool - PDF help you to deploy your trigger from DE to EE.