function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wilbur07wilbur07 

Dataloader not allowing logins

I have a scheduled task that uses dataloader 12.0 that has been running for a while.

Today I get an error saying my password expired but that is not the case.  I tried manually to login using dataloader and it will not let me login.

Is there maintenance being done in production at salesforce or some other issue I should be aware of?

TIA

James
ArtabusArtabus
Did you try to login interactively to your application (through login.salesforce.com ) ? You will
get more information on your issue.
If you can login, it is probably your security token that has been changed, or your external ip address that is not allowed for your profile.
If you are prompted for a password renewal, either your user password has really expired (you will have to change your dataloader batch) or your administrator has reseted your password.
Don't forget that if you change your password, you will need to provided the new security token for your dataloader batch, as it is replacing your previous token
Franchise35Franchise35
I am getting the same error just trying to use the Data Loader to do a data update.  I can log into SFDC just fine through the web but the Data loader won't allow me to.  My password has not changed.  I have also tried using the data loader to log into my development account and no luck there either.
ArtabusArtabus
Did you try to regenerate your security token and use it by adding it after your password when you login through the dataloader ?
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
Artabus is listed all root cause, Apart from that i would like to add the very rare case.
If you are using in proxy env, update your proxy details in dataloader settings..
Al_89Al_89

My SF pass word had expired and I had to log out before it worked just incase anyone googles this I know the original post was a long time ago!

:)