function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CventCvent 

Adding Contacts to Custom objects

I am a custom object that has Account as master object; my goal is to display the accounts under that custome object just like we can see under Accounts.

I think this can be done through S-Controls, but not sure how to pull that reports results into a custome control
werewolfwerewolf
I am a custom object...

Welcome to the discussion boards!  We've had lots of developers on this board, but you're the first actual custom object who's ever written in!  I had expected that at some point the Force.com customizations would become sentient, but who knew it would be so soon?

You're trying to display a related list here.  What you have right now is a custom object that looks up to Account.  This means that it can be related to only one account, and so there's no way to display a related list of accounts.  Why would you want to?  It would always be at most a list of 1 object.

If what you're looking to do is a many-to-many relationship between Account and your object, then what you need to do is:

1.  Delete the master-detail field from your custom object to Account.
2.  Create another custom object.  This will be your "custom junction object" or CJO.
3.  On this CJO create 2 master-details -- 1 to the Account and the other to your custom object.

Now you can make a related list on Account with your custom object and a related list on your custom object with Account.  And you can report on the many-to-many relationship using a custom report type.
CventCvent
I have tried to create another custome object, but i am not able to make 2 master detail relationship.

Can you help.
werewolfwerewolf
Do you mean you're actually unable to make 2 master-detail relationships, or do you mean that when you go to create the second master-detail you just can't find the object you're looking for?  If that's the case see my latest post here: