function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WesGrayWesGray 

Use Customer Portal without login

We would like develop a recruiting app on Force.com and use the Customer Portal to allow people to submit applications.  But, we don't want to have to create a login/password for people just so they can submit an application.  Is this possible for people to use the Customer Portal without having a login?  If so how do you do this?
werewolfwerewolf
Could you perhaps use Leads as the data store for your applicants?  If so then you could use Web To Lead, which is an unauthenticated means of submitting data to your Salesforce.com org.
werewolfwerewolf
To answer your question though, the answer is no, right now there is no means of unauthenticated access to the customer portal.
soofsoof

Perhaps you could go for a work-around.  Check this out:
http://www.mystarbucksidea.com/

This website takes you to what is a Force.com application.  I think what it does is that the mystarbucksidea.com website forwards your request as a login request to Force.com.  I think that they might be using the same user login for each user forwarded to the Force.com application.  They also have a sign-up process, so I'm really not sure how much they're offering without signing up.  The bottom line is that you might be able to get a work-around do the trick for you, but need to try a few things out.