function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gstocktongstockton 

Is there an easy way to insert new contact with case info?

OK, I have a (web to case) Support Request form that is sent to our tech support department. In many cases, there is no end user contact info in the database already. Our support agents are instructed to insert a new contact quickly if none exists, however, this can not be done from the case from what I can tell, one must copy then paste essential info, there should be an easy way to capture what has been submitted on the web to case over to a new contact record.

On my web-to-case form I have the following custom fields:

web-address1
web-address2
web-city
web-state
web-zipcode
web-country
web-company (standard)
web-phone (standard)
web-email (standard)

What I would like to have is a button somewhere on the Case page that the support rep can click and have it automatically populate the contact fields with info pulled from the case custom fields noted above. Is this even possible? I tested out a app exchange tool that was supposed to do something like this, but it did not work. 
RajanJasujaRajanJasuja
Hi,

You can create a trigger for case which fires at the time of insertion and you can use web-email (standard) fields as a unique key  to check existence for the if the case email don’t exist for any of the contact you can create a new contact.

Or you can create an S-control which execute after clinking a custom button from page layout. 

thanks,

Rajan Jasuja

gstocktongstockton
I'm afraid that's a bit over my level of expertise. I can't even locate this triggers tool anywhere in my setup.