function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DQDevDQDev 

Linking to merge wizard...

I have a scenario where a user is using a custom application to determine duplicate accounts, contacts, and leads. 

Is it possible to build an URL containing object ids that would link to the merge wizards for each object?

Thanks for the help.

Ron HessRon Hess
yes, looks sort of like this

https://ssl.salesforce.com/merge/conmergewizard.jsp?id=00100000000LVYt&srch=Mark+Jensen

if i understood your question
the account id is after "id=" and then it takes a name as the srch string

you could also jump to the next step by constructing the "next" url in this wizard, which uses
cid=xxx&cid=yyy

you can see these vars using the very cool FireFox feature "View Page Info" , visit the merge wizard that you are trying to 'copy', right click, select "view page info".

then take the paramaters you see listed there, dump them into a url, see if it works...

this works for me:
https://ssl.salesforce.com/merge/conmergewizard.jsp?id=00100000002Y0ot&cid=003000000048Hpi&cid=00300000003qK7q

once you post this the contacts are merged and can't be undone... use with caution.
dlucia21dlucia21

Do you have any more information on this? 

We are trying figure how to mass merge two contacts using the contact ids and selecting the values in contact 1 as default.  We have about 10,000 accounts that generally have two contacts and we are trying to figure out a way to combine the contacts into a single contact record.

Any ideas of the best way to approach this?

Shrimani TShrimani T
Hi There,
I have an issue with accmergewizard which is called by a VF page. It works fine in classic, but when used in lightning, it says "Unable to access this page". Is there any other way to pass parameters in merge/accmergewizard.jsp in lightning ? Can any one help here please?
KseniyaKseniya
@Shrimani did you find the solution for Lightning?