function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MelliottMelliott 

Forms in an HTML Email Help

I have a form in an HTML email that will populate into Salesforce when they hit submit. It creates a new record. This forms is sent as a Auto response when a new lead of a certain type is created. I would like to have the form fill in the lead it generated from and not create a new lead. Basically we auto ask for more information. Can this be done? Does someone have the coding for this? Any help is appreciated.
Ron HessRon Hess
I don't think the standard web2lead feature will support this; update an existing lead rather than create a new one, however it does sound like a very interesting feature request.

sort of like the "Request Update" feature on the contact record, but applied to custom fields and other objects than the contact.

Or,

To code this feature yourself, you would have a custom field (hidden) in lead table where you store the "id of the record to update" , then you send the user a form ( html) they fill it out, submit to web2lead, it then generates a new temporary lead using web2lead, with the ID-to-Update in a hidden field.

then you write a polling job which looks for new lead with the "update ID" set, query those and use the ID to copy data from the temp lead you just got into the lead you want to update, then delete the temporary lead.

sounds easy, but i havent tried it...