function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kickingboykickingboy 

How can I dynamically change the filter criteria in a report from a dashboard?

I have 50 dashboards each with 10 components. Each dashboard analyses a particular territory. At the moment I  need to only maintain 10 reports to drive all 50 dashboards because there is a 1 to 1 correspondence between territory and user so I can set each dashboard to the appropriate running user and use the My records filter in the report. In future however it may be that every territory does not have an associated user so I would be faced with maintaining 500 reports. I was just wondering if anyone can think of a way of passing a value from the dashboard to the report so that it can filter on the appropriate territory. Or any other solution that has the same effect.  

MohitMMohitM

There in no way to pass value dynamically in report and dashbords.This can be achieved with visual force with google apps.

Mohit Mohan

Salesforce Developer Support

SteveBowerSteveBower

Question: Would this work:   (I don't know, just postulating it:)

1. In a dashboard you can display a VF page.

2. In a VF page, you can define an Action on the apex:page tag which redirects that page to a different URL, or have the VF page load it's constructor and in there look at various global data (UserInfo, etc.) and redirect to various URL's.

3. You can specify a URL for a report and pass in parameters to that report (http://community.salesforce.com/t5/General-Development/Custom-Link-to-dynamic-report/m-p/177081)

So, if you put that all together would that A) Work, and B) give you what you want?   (It seems reasonable to me, but I haven't tried it.)

Best, Steve.

kickingboykickingboy

Thanks Steve

I think that might work if the VF page can pick up the SalesforceId of the enclosing dashboard. I will investigate.

Stuart

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Yes Steve is right, this will work but not with Sandbox.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page