function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jpumphreyjpumphrey 

Javascript error in ext.js ... but I'm not referencing that file

I'm customizing the Salesforce CRM app.  When I click on an Opportunity, there's an error: Prototype is null or not an object, ext.js line 7.   None of my visualforce or apex pages have any references to "ext", "ext.js", or "ext js" (a phrase in the file that has the error).  Ext.js is not listed as a static resource. 

I think this error is coming from code that's built in to salesforce that I can't edit ... but how can I be sure? Can anyone help?

werewolfwerewolf

There are some Visualforce components like enhanced list views and rich text editors that use the ext.js library.  Perhaps you are using one of those components?

jpumphreyjpumphrey

Possibly ... I have inherited this project from another developer and it's possible that he was using controls.  Do you know how to make the error go away without changing which controls it's using?

werewolfwerewolf

Well, you could just include the ext.js library on the page.

jpumphreyjpumphrey

I think it already has ext.js, because the javascript error is coming from ext.js ... if I say "yes" to script debugging in the web browser, it opens ext.js and points to line 7.  However, I can't find any references to ext.js anywhere in my visualforce pages or apex code.  This makes me think that the error might be coming from built-in Salesforce code that I can't edit, but I'm not sure.

werewolfwerewolf

Well, if I were you I'd try debugging it with Firebug to get a stack trace so you can see exactly where the error's coming from.