function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RAJU_DEEPRAJU_DEEP 

Admin unable to view the users record.

Hello,

I am the user with the profile "System Administrator" and I have created a new user under me with the custom profile. I have a visualforce page performing dml operation which is visible to both the users. But the problem i am facing is the record inserted by the user with custom profile is not be able to view by the user with profile System Administrator. The object in which the dml operation is performed is created by the user(System Administrator profile). The record is created by both the user through the page is viewed by both users seperately in their standard UI but I want the record created by user(Custom Profile) should be viewed by the user(System Administrator Profile) which doesn't happens.

Is there any way to sort out this issue. Any suggestion will be helpfull for me.

Thanks in advance

Raju.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Can you elaborate, how are you seeing the record? Have you clicked Go Button in front of view all to see all the records?

There can be two problems :

- You are seeing a part of the records. Try seeing all the records by pressing Go Button in front of view all.

- You are seeing a view where some filter criteria is specified and due to that all records are not coming,

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Can you elaborate, how are you seeing the record? Have you clicked Go Button in front of view all to see all the records?

There can be two problems :

- You are seeing a part of the records. Try seeing all the records by pressing Go Button in front of view all.

- You are seeing a view where some filter criteria is specified and due to that all records are not coming,

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
RAJU_DEEPRAJU_DEEP

Hello,

Thanks alot for your reply I got the solution and I able to view all the records. But now the problem is that, I am the user(System Administrator) and the user(Custom Profile) which is created under System Administrator is also able to view all of the record created by System Administrator. So, is there any way to hide or restrict the user(Custom Profile) to view the record created by System Administrator as the user(Custom Profile) should able to view only those records created by itself.

Thanks

Raju

You need to create a sharing rule for this. Sharing rules allow you to selectively give defined sets of users access to records based on record ownership.

Click Setup | Security Controls | Sharing Settings

Hope this helps.

RAJU_DEEPRAJU_DEEP

Hello,

Thanks alot for your reply. I achieved it by doing the following things:

1. Edit Profile – uncheck the view all Custom Object Permission of the particular object.
  2. Sharing Setting – Select Object – Edit Default Sharing Settings – set the default access of the object to private.

Thanks

Raju.