function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VinOKVinOK 

Custom Settings and sObject Limits

I've been using Custom Setting regularly in my current Apex development.  So far I've been creating separate Custom Settings objects for each feature that is currently under development.

But since Custom Settings are so much like custom objects, I was wondering if creating Custom Settings would count against an Org's sObject limts?  I'm assuming that they do and I should probably re-think my Custom Settings "Best Practices".

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

I assume that org Custom Object limit does not impose on Custom Settings. So far I have seen the following limits for the Custom Settings :

Salesforce.com imposes these limits on the amount of cached data and on custom settings:
  • 10 MB of cached data per organization.
  • 300 fields per custom setting.
  • You cannot share a custom setting object or record.
  • No owner is assigned when a custom setting is created, so the owner cannot be changed.
Hope this helps.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

I assume that org Custom Object limit does not impose on Custom Settings. So far I have seen the following limits for the Custom Settings :

Salesforce.com imposes these limits on the amount of cached data and on custom settings:
  • 10 MB of cached data per organization.
  • 300 fields per custom setting.
  • You cannot share a custom setting object or record.
  • No owner is assigned when a custom setting is created, so the owner cannot be changed.
Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
VinOKVinOK

I've checked with Salesforce Support and their reply was that the Custom Settings do not count against Custom Object Quotas.  Thanks for your reply