function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SidzSidz 

How to connect to a salesforce client from soapUI

Hi,

I have generated the enterprise WSDL in salesforce and now I want to connect to the salesforce from soap UI using the WSDL.

I want to see the response for certain webservices.

I have soap UI standalone app and also the one configured in eclipse ganymade and these can connect to internet using proxy.

please help me with steps to configure soapUI in eclipse or in the standalone app with any settings specific to proxy.

Thank you

Sidz

StephenBStephenB

Sidz,

SoapUI will let you create a project and specify a WSDL file, and create default service calls. Have you tried doing this? You should get all the calls you need if you specify the Enterprise WSDL as the default in a new SoapUI project.

Note that you'll have to also sequence them to use the SFDC API - ie first do a login call, then retrieve the sessionId and endpoint URL, then use this in subsequent calls. Only the first login call will go to the soap service URL, the rest will go to a specific URL which salesforce gives you when you make a successful login call.

Hope this helps

Stephen

SidzSidz

Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. i am able to get the list of services available in the web services but when i click on the play button which is trying to connect to the client i get some proxy error.

my proxy is open to all salesforce domains.

i get a proxy authentication error when i try to connect to the client.

my proxy credentials are working fine in any browser.

what else should i try ?

Sidz

StephenBStephenB

Ah right, it's the proxy setup - have you tried Proxy settings in the SoapUI global prefernces? There are settings there for host, port, username and password (for the proxy auth),. and you also have to remember to check the 'proxy enabled' box...

SidzSidz

when i have configured the proxy it shows an authentication error. when i am not connecting to a proxy its throwing a java.net. exception(this is for soapui 2.5)

i have tried installing the soap UI in eclipse but it is not able to connect.(soapui 3.5 plugin in ganymade)

does this require any ports to be enabled ?

StephenBStephenB

Hi, sorry haven't tried the SoapUI Eclipse plugin, but it should obey the standard Eclipse proxy settings in that case if it's a plug-in?

Re the SoapUI outside of Eclipse, you could always try setting the proxy details on the java command line call that starts SoapUI - ie the SoapUI.bat - with the following options...

http://viralpatel.net/blogs/2009/04/http-proxy-setting-java-setting-proxy-java.html

S