function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jpratt3000jpratt3000 

Adwords not working

Hello - My clients adwords/salesforce is not working properly, can anyone point me in the right direction to get started debugging this?

I am trying to locate the API, but all I can manage to find are links to demo videos or powerpoints.

Thanks,

Jason

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jkucerajkucera

The sfga.js takes the submit info and posts that to another server.  When the lead is created in SFDC, the server tries to match the sfga.js submit to leads in your org, and adds AdWords data if found.

I'm guessing that the submit info on the other server might not be complete so a match can't be made with the leads made in SFDC.

You can use tools such as LiveHeader to whether the sfga.js is called properly and if it's submitted, but note this is a more advanced tool for those that are well versed in HTML.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829/

All Answers

jkucerajkucera

Do you have a landing page?

Does the page create leads in Salesforce?

Have you added the SFDC Adwords javascript to the landing page?

Have you tested the page with the testing utility?

Is the desired ad active?

Does the destination URL have ?_kk.=..&_kt=... at the end?

jpratt3000jpratt3000

hi john,

thanks for the reply. we've implemented those steps and can get the JS/landing pages to pass the test, but we're using a multi-part form and i am not sure the session info is being passed along properly. as the keywords/campiagn is not showing up in SF correctly.

i am in the process of creating a dummy campaign and keywords now to ease the testing, but i am hoping there is a document somewhere that has more details on this process.

regards,

jason

jkucerajkucera

The sfga.js takes the submit info and posts that to another server.  When the lead is created in SFDC, the server tries to match the sfga.js submit to leads in your org, and adds AdWords data if found.

I'm guessing that the submit info on the other server might not be complete so a match can't be made with the leads made in SFDC.

You can use tools such as LiveHeader to whether the sfga.js is called properly and if it's submitted, but note this is a more advanced tool for those that are well versed in HTML.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829/

This was selected as the best answer
JoelRJoelR

Hi John,

Running into similar issues. Client is using 3rd party to capture and modify form data before pushing into Salesforce.  I can see that data is properly getting passed to the SFGA script (I used Fiddler2). The test tool within Salesforce just hangs and never completes for some reason. One odd thing I noticed was the client is pushing to the old Keiden scripts, but they look identical to the ones hosted by Salesforce, so I really don't think that's the issue.

So, when the form is submitted it gets posted into another server. What data does that server need to match up with Salesforce.com on, because the third party tool transforms data before pushing it into SFDC.

Thanks,

joel

jkucerajkucera

Have them changed to the most recent JS just in case, but I believe they are identical.

The info we use to match:

• Last Name
  • Email address

If those don't match, we check:

• First Name
  • Created Date

The correlation attempts happen 5min after lead creation, then +30min later, +4hrs later, +24hrs later and assumes not match if over the 28hrs.

JoelRJoelR

Awesome, good to know. And it's Leads only, right? No contacts? What happens if there are multiple leads with the same email/last name?

jkucerajkucera

Yes - leads only.

The first match found is used & created date is used for tie breakers.  Typically the time is different enough that it's not a problem.

JoelRJoelR

Thanks for the info.