function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NPCRNPCR 

Referencing custom settings in custom links / custom buttons (managed package)

I am having an issue referencing custom settings in buttons and links that I have created in a managed package in my Salesforce instance.  For example, I have a custom link for the home page in my managed package to open a specific view of the Campaign object.  This is a custom view for which I store the ID in custom settings (as it could change with any deployed instance).  This is the URL for the link button that I am using:  When I click the URL in my developer instance where the managed package was created, it works fine.  However, when I click the link from a SF instance where I deployed the managed package and have set the value, the URL is ." /701?fcf="

Custom link URL:  /701?fcf={!LEFT( $Setup.NPCRVM__Volunteer_Management_Settings__c.NPCRVM__Active_Vol_Opps_View__c , 15)}

Name of the custom settings:  NPCRVM__Volunteer_Management_Custom_Settings__c
Field name from custom settings:  NPCRVM__Active_Vol_Opps_View__c

Any ideas on how to overcome this?  I reference this custom setting in other places in my Apex code (custom settings are public) without any issues, I just can't seem to reference this field or any others from my custom settings in custom links or custom buttons.