function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EtaussigEtaussig 

Dashboard Tables - Number of Columns

Hi - SF Help & training indicates that you can add up to 4 columns to a dashboard table.  I'm still struggling with it, I can only get it to show 2.  Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells

Yes, here's what I've found...

- Create a matrix report with a report chart that is vertical/horizonal grouped or stacked.  When you get to the dashboard and point to your report, you'll get to 3 options for your table.

- Create the above AND enable the combination chart on the report chart.  When you get to the dashboard and point to your report, you'll get to 4 options for your table.

There may be other ways of going about it, but this has been my experience.  I've found that I'm enabling the combination chart on my report chart just so I can get the 4 column in my dashboard table, but I don't really like what the chart looks like in my report.

All Answers

flewellsflewells

Yes, here's what I've found...

- Create a matrix report with a report chart that is vertical/horizonal grouped or stacked.  When you get to the dashboard and point to your report, you'll get to 3 options for your table.

- Create the above AND enable the combination chart on the report chart.  When you get to the dashboard and point to your report, you'll get to 4 options for your table.

There may be other ways of going about it, but this has been my experience.  I've found that I'm enabling the combination chart on my report chart just so I can get the 4 column in my dashboard table, but I don't really like what the chart looks like in my report.

This was selected as the best answer
EtauEtau

Thank you.  That worked!

AndrewHkAndrewHk

I'm a fairly new user to Salesforce dashboards.   Why is it that the stacked bar chart I created for a matrix report cannot be displayed as a stacked bar chart in my dashboard?   When I drag and drop the report into my dashboard, it just shows up as a simple vertical bar chart.  

flewellsflewells

That's how the dashboard component will show by default.  Edit the dashboard component and select "Use chart as defined in source report" to make it appear as your report chart.

AndrewHkAndrewHk

Of course -- thanks for pointing me toward the Component editor tool

elyb527elyb527

I've tried this but it only gives e Record Count as my Y -axis and as my line in the combo chart.  I want 4 columns in my chart - Owner, Name, Amount and Close Dte - sorted by Close Date.  Seems like a Standard report yet I can't get it to work. 

elyb527elyb527

Ah I just remembered somethign the 3rd and 4th columns need to be sums of numbers - they can't be dates.

flewellsflewells

Is your report grouped by Date?  If so, I think the date could be included...

Randombard2Randombard2

Ok I am really going mad with this one.

I have been trying this out in the sandbox and just can seem to get it to work.

My report has a chart on it but I just keep getting the message

"To customize this table, first add a chart to the source report."

When I go to the edit atributes setting. There just doesnt seem to be a way to select the column in the table even when I just through all of the hoops.

EtauEtau

Have you added the chart to the report?

Randombard2Randombard2

lol thanks for your faith :smileyhappy:

I can only assume that I have, when I open the report the chart appears at the top is there anotehr step that I am missing?

EtauEtau

I guess we need more details...How many columns are you trying to put in your table and are they all summed in the report?

Randombard2Randombard2

Sounds fair,

I would like to have 3 cols, Opp name, Stage, Ammount

I have Opp name as the first summary on the report, and then by stage. Ammount is a Sum Formula.

looks like

Opportunity Name                          Ammount:Sum

Stage

Chart is grouped:

X axis is Ammount

Y Opp Name

Grouped by stage

I have tried having Y as Stage and grouped by Opp, or y as stage and no group or group by ammount.

Right now I can only show

Opp name and either record count or Ammount (please note not cant show both its either or).

Does that help?  :o)

Randombard2Randombard2

Interestingly shen i change the y axis it changes the value in column 1 am I just trying to do something that just cant be done?

Randombard2Randombard2

Suddenly its working, I havent changed anything so no idea why that is the case but wont complain about it.

ApulidoApulido

this works great for 3 columns, but not for 4.

I want to show the field for my 3rd grouping in the dashboard... but

Instead of allowing my third level of grouping to appear in the combination chart options, it only lets me choose 'record count'...

and in the dashboard it only allows me to choose 'record count' also

Rajeshkumar.TRajeshkumar.T

Hi,

I like to create dashboard for record and dashboard with 3 columns.

Emplyoee name,rating and month.

I want employee name in x-axis , month in yaxis and grouped by rating. But I am getting record count in y-axis.

I am using matrix report with chart added

How can I achieve this .