function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SurekaSureka 

Not able to view Reports of Custom Objects

Hi All,

I have a custom object where "Allow Reports" checkbox is checked. But still, I am not able to view the reports associated with that object. Basically, I am not able to create any reports for that object.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

VinOKVinOK

one thing you can check is to make sure your object is "Deployed" as opposed to "In Development"

go to Setup > Create > objects and then edit your custom object.   Go to the bottom o f the page and make sure that you're object is deployed.

Another thing to check...  When you create a report, the first step in the wizard is to select the category.  Make sure to check all the categories as sometimes the object doesn't always end up in the list you would expect it.

good luck.

Power BrokerPower Broker

I have the same issue...the object is deployed (althought this does not seem to be a requirement for the other custom objects that are reportable but not deployed (in DE version)).

The object is created-multiple fields setup-allow reports is checked--but the object is not appearing in the 'Other' section of report generator.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Keith

goubkgoubk

please see the OWD for the custom object on which you are trying to create report.

If it is controlled by parent, then you need to creaet report on parent and inlcude the child records.

for instance if custom object named Job__c has Master-Detail to Account, then you need to create a report with type as Accounts with Jobs.

This might help.

Thanks.

Shaila KadamShaila Kadam
Edit the custom object and select "Allow Rports" under optional features.
User-added image