function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RuudRuud 

API CALLS FOR JAVA CLIENT

Hi,

I am from BMC Software, I tried using the login code from Chatterworkbook by using API calls for Java Clients.The username and password are correct but it gives an exception

Exception in thread "main" [UnexpectedErrorFault [ApiFault  exceptionCode='API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG'
 exceptionMessage='API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner'

How can i overcome this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

I mean your own personal development org.  If you have signed up for a Chatter developer org, you would have gotten 2 logins.  One will have a username that is <something>@chatterdevzone.org.  The other one will be a different username, like just <something>@chatterdev.org.

You *cannot* use the API on the <something>@chatterdevzone.org login.  So use your other login.  Or sign up for a new org by pressing the Join Now button at the top right of this screen.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

Well the error message says it all.  You are probably trying to login to an org where the API has been disabled, maybe the ChatterDevZone org?  They have disabled API access on ChatterDevZone so you won't be able to log into that with the API.  Try setting the username and password to point to one of your own developer edition orgs instead.

RuudRuud

Own Development ORg means? I gave username password of my own developer account.... my email id and password and the security token .......

werewolfwerewolf

I mean your own personal development org.  If you have signed up for a Chatter developer org, you would have gotten 2 logins.  One will have a username that is <something>@chatterdevzone.org.  The other one will be a different username, like just <something>@chatterdev.org.

You *cannot* use the API on the <something>@chatterdevzone.org login.  So use your other login.  Or sign up for a new org by pressing the Join Now button at the top right of this screen.

This was selected as the best answer
RuudRuud

when i registered ...i registered wit my own email id. I dont have any account at Chatterzone.org or chatterdevzone.org ... what should i do to get a account there?

RuudRuud

i got it... Thanku....

1 more question i can update and get newsfeed...so what if i want to start a discussion

What should i do? you know any api calls for that....

werewolfwerewolf

Well, you somehow registered for an org that has no API, so make yourself a new org by clicking the JOIN NOW button at the top right of this page.

To understand how to post feed items, check out the docs linked from this page.