function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmgdmg 

Supress Sidebar on retURL (for display in Console frame)

I've created a custom button on a Lead page that returns the user back to the lead page within the main Console window.  The problem is that I now have 2 sidebars displayed - the one on the console as well as the one within the main frame.  How do I modify the retURL parameter to suppress the sidebar within this frame?

Thanks,

David

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
dmgdmg

I couldn't get that to work either, but I found the answer.  The recently used links on the main console sidebar include the correct querystring parameter to suppress not only the sidebar, but the tabs as well. 

Just append ?isdtp=mn to the URL.

All Answers

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

In the button settings, you can select whether you want to display the sidebar and header or not.

There you can remove these!

Cool_D

davemaxgdavemaxg
I should have said it in my original post, but the final page is the retURL parameter, so the button setting doesn't work.  That's why I need to suppress using a querystring parameter.  Is this possible?

Hi,

In that case, create a dummy button and attach it to an onClick JS, redirecting to the standard lead page.

Now in the retURL, call this button Id, which will then redirect you to the lead page without the sidebar as you would have configured in the button settings!

Cool_D

dmgdmg

Thanks for the reply.  I believe I tried what you suggested, but it doesn't work.  Perhaps I did it wrong.  For the retURL, I used the ID for the dummy button that I created, but I end up on the edit page for the button itself.  I did some searching but I can't see how to direct salesforce to click a button by including its ID in the retURL.

I tried this (pseudocode) but that doesn't 'click' the button on the lead page:

/{!Lead.Id}/{!dummybuttonID}

Can you include an example of what you're suggesting?

Thanks,

David

You dont need to give just the ID, relative URL is required.

Something like, "servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=BUTTONID"

Cool_D

dmgdmg

I couldn't get that to work either, but I found the answer.  The recently used links on the main console sidebar include the correct querystring parameter to suppress not only the sidebar, but the tabs as well. 

Just append ?isdtp=mn to the URL.

This was selected as the best answer
Mephistofils2Mephistofils2

thanks for giving your solution, it help me too :)